A pocket-friendly flashlight is all well and good, but you may want as many eye-searing lumens as you can occasionally (even for no reason). Whether it’s spotting something on a mountain side, lighting up several football fields, or just impressing your friends ‘ hell, these lights mean serious business. For some of the best EDC flashlights you can buy today, check out our page below.
1. THRUNITE TI3 Review 2020
The Thrunite Ti3 is one of the strongest and cheapest AAA flashlights currently available on a single (rechargeable) AAA battery that can support more than 100 lumens. (Not approved for alkaline batteries)
- XPL LEDs (130 lumens) and XPG LEDs (120 lumens) are available.
- it wont turn on accidentally in your pocket.
- Facile to use with 1 hand
- Can be used with AAA rechargeable batteries
- (The 10440 battery can also be used, but it will lose all modes. You’ll also lose the light warranty.)
- 3-Modes, Heavy Low Medium
- Hidden mode of strobe.
This mini flashlight ranges from $10 to $20 depending on the type of LED you select. A lot of flashaholics still use it as their keychain display. I use the HFR MBI and have recently returned to the LD01 Fenix. This is a lighter Thrunite. You’re missing that? Buy one at that price. While being on the market for 3 years, it is still one of the best AAA flashlights out there. That’s incredible in itself!!
The knurling is too powerful to use with one hand. A champion, certainly. Every one I haven’t checked yet.
2. MANKER E02 Brightest Flashlight 2020
The Manker E02 is a flashlight at the right angle. But on 1 AAA battery, it can do more than 200 lumens. A lot of bright, and the brightest right-angle AAA light on the market at the moment.
- Nichia 219C (180 lumens) and XPG3 (200 + lumens)
- Step-down luminosity from Turbo to Medium after 3 minutes.
- It’s about 60 lumens high
- Built in the tail of a magnet
- Clip of the pocket included
- Can Handled by one hand
- Works with AAA batteries (eneloop).
- Four-modes, Low-High-Turbo
- 3 Hidden modes of strobe
Yet actually there is no right-angle flashlight in its price range that can top this one! Its length is just 72 mm with a head diameter of 20 mm. The XPG3 (with a warmer white beam) and the Nichia 219C (with a neutral white beam) can be chosen. If you purchase the extra headband, it can also be used as a headlamp. This is going to cost an additional $5.
3. ACEBEAM PT10 Best Brightest Flashlight 2020
Acebeam is known for its extremely powerful and bright flashights. Since 2016, they have this PT10 series on the market, but there are no others to top this one on 2AAA batteries in brightness! This one holds the biggest 2AAA cell LED flashlight!
- colors available: black, silver, green, grey,copper.
- Works on 2xAAA batteries (recommended eneloops)
- With a maximum output of 360 lumens with XPL-HD.
- 3 Modes
- Less light is the older version of XPG (Amazon data is a little off)
With a maximum brightness of 360 lumens, the Acebeam PT10 has been upgraded to the XPL-HD led. This is quite remarkable for any light running of 2*AAA batteries, and this can be achieved by using 2 AAA rechargeable batteries, not alkalines.
The Acebeam PT10 will run for approximately 40 minutes in high mode. And up to 10 hours with the lowest mode (30 lumens). Beautiful little pen light. I’d recommend this for kids as well as indoors. For more information, please visit the Acebeam website.
4. UTORCH UT01 Flashlight 2020
This extremely bright Budget AA flashlight from 1 AA eneloop battery gets nearly 450 lumens. It is one of the cheapest flashlights on this list, but still one of the brightest using basic AA (rechargeable) batteries.
- Max 450 lumens on 1 eneloop AA battery
- Hidden strobe
- Ultra bright
- Good low output mode
- Reversible clip
- Works with AA and unprotected 14500 batteries (protected 14500 cells may be too long)
- Max 900 lumens on lithium-ion 14500 battery
- Side switch
Launched in December 2016, over the past couple of years, the Utorch UT01 has become a famous light. It is available in both neutral white (NW) and cool white (CW) emitters, so most people are able to get one that fits their tastes. It can supply up to 450 lumens in Turbo mode by running the Utorch on an eneloop AA. It can supply up to 900 lumens on a 14500 cell, but please note that 14500 protected cells may not match!
Please note the following things: the performance is programmable, but incidents of people having difficulty getting this to function have been published. There have been instances of poor changes as well as being a budget light. It’s also an obvious clone of the Manker E11, but none of that changes the fact that the Utorch UT01 is the best AA flashlight budget at the moment.
5. LUMINTOP EDC05 2020 Flashlight Review
One of Lumintop’s latest models with a very good 400 lumens production on 1 AA battery. This makes it the Medium-Budget segment’s brightest LED light.
- Max 400 lumens on 1 eneloop AA
- Magnetic tail cap
- 4 standard modes
- Multi chemistry: NiMH and Lithium Ion
- 3 strobe/flash modes
- Side switch
- Max 800 lumens on a 14500 cell
In the fourth quarter of 2017 the Lumintop EDC05 was launched. It can be found in both Neutral White and Cold White. It has 7 modes of output (4 main modes and 3 blinky modes (beacon, strobe, sos). It has a length of 87 mm, so it is a pocket light very well. Duration is 1.2 hours on Max with a rechargebale (Eneloop) battery and 15 minutes on a 14500 with a maximum outpu of 400 + lumens. The EDC05’s average price is above $30 for its category’s brightest flashlight. Use the code: CFNKL for more discount on banggood.com.
Although the EDC05 is less bright than the much cheaper Utorch UT01, mentioned above, has been tested by a BLF member.
6. ZEBRALIGHT SC5W MKII 2020 Best Flashlight
A top manufacturer Zebralight’s premium AA flashlight. If you want the brightest AA flashlight, get this AA powered one!
- 550 lumems on 1 eneloop AA
- Quick access to High, Low Medium and strobe
- Current regulated
- Battery capacity indicator
- Automatic step-down when battery runs down.
Zebralight has been well known since about 2013 for the highest output drivers in the world for AA flashlights. One of their latest models is the Zebraglight SC5W mk2. Sporting a 4500 K and 83 Cri XP-L2 emitter, this is the brightest AA on the market today. Keep in mind that a huge difference can be made by the batteries you use. The top pick for these is Eneloop PRO.
A great choice for those who want the best and brightest flashlight on the market. If the price tag doesn’t matter, it’s the one to get. Zebralight is an American manufacturer based in Irving, TX!
7. NITECORE EA42 Flashlight Review 2020
The EA42 gets nearly 2,000 lumens from a 4xAA tube, which just a few years ago was impossible. Consequently, the EA42 is the brightest light currently running off 4 AA batteries.
- 1800 lumens claimed (with 4 eneloop AAs)
- Stainless steel bezel ring
- Max of 280 hours on lowest mode
- Made of Polycarbonate (heat/impact resistant)
- 31,000cd intensity
- Throw of 353 meters / 0.21 miles / 1158 feet
With more and more effective flashlights, Nitecore has upped their game. A couple of years ago, one of the most powerful lights operating off 4AA batteries was the Sunwayman D40A, peaking at 1000 lumens. Now, just four years later, the Nitecore EA42 nearly doubles that production. It does this by using an XHP35 HD LED, which is not only much more powerful than the older XML2, but also much more powerful. In addition to the main modes, alert, SOS and Strobe modes are also included in the EA42. Personally, I’m not such a huge fan.
Keep in mind that with Alkaline batteries you will not be able to reach that capacity. And another note, don’t use flashlights with Alkaline batteries at all! They are prone to electrolyte leakage that can damage your flashlight. NiMH batteries are not only stronger, but they can also be recharged! Buying NiMH batteries of consistency (such as eneloops) can save you a lot of money in the long run.
8. NITECORE EA81 2020 Best Flashlight
With 2150 lumens on 8 AA batteries, the Nitecore EA81 makes it the most powerful AA-powered flashlight in 2020.
- 2150 lumens on 8 AA batteries
- Low of 1 lumen
- Micro textured reflector for throw and flood.
- 462 meters / 0.28 miles
- 53,000cd intensity
Around 4 years ago I owned the Nitecore EA8, at the time the most powerful 8xAA flashlight with an XML2 LED. Nitecore used the XHP50 LED this time. The XHP50 helps the light to reach 2150 lumens from its 8 (yes, 8!) AA batteries. Sadly, only high-quality NiMH batteries reach these figures, not Alkaline. I don’t like using 8 AA batteries personally, but this is certainly the most powerful AA-powered flashlight available at the moment. This is also not a flashlight that is “tactical.” With its 8 AAs, it’s tall, and quite strong.
Anyone purchasing this light will make sure they get the latest version of XHP50 rather than the XML2.
Best 2020 Lithium battery powered flashlights below!
Since 2017, the single cell Emisar has been on the market, but at the time of writing it still led the single cell brightest flashlight on the market.
1. FIREFLIES E07 Flashlight Review 2020
BRIGHTEST SINGLE CELL LITHIUM BEST FLASHLIGHT OF 2020
The Fireflies E07 is by far the best flashlight of a single 21700/18650 battery running off 2020. Attaining around 7000 lumens!
- Large amount of LED choices
- Works on 21700 and 18650 batteries (with adapter)
- Max power only possible with good high drain cell like the sony VTC6 or Samsung INR21700 40T
- Brightest compact led flashlight in the world
- Measured 6900 lumens!!!
- XPL HI, SST20, Nichia etc.
The Fireflies E07 (which I hope to review soon) blows out of the water by a fair amount every single-cell flashlight, including the #2. Nearly doubling the lumens.
With a single 18650 or 21700 cell, the light can be used. It has a firmware for Narsil UI on its driver that is also used in the ROT66 we reviewed for Fireflies. The E07 has 7 LEDs as opposed to the 4 used in the Emisar D4. 1 It should be borne in mind that Fireflies is still a relatively new manufacturer of flashlights, and there were a few minor problems with quality control. But there is no brighter single-cell flashlight produced in the world at the moment. frame.
2. EMISAR D4V2 Flashlight Review 2020
BRIGHTEST 18650 FLASHLIGHT 2020
- With a Nichia 219C 5000K you can get up to 3800 lumens
- Low voltage protection
- Max power only possible with good high drain cell like the sony VTC6
- With the XPG-2 you can get up to 3300 lumens
- Brightest compact led flashlight
- With the XPL-HI you can get up to 4300 lumens.
So it’s a true sub-10 cm hotrod that blows everything out of the water in stock format!
A single 18650, 18500, 18350 or 16340 cell can use the light. There is a special body part for each type of battery. Because a shorter or longer version can replace the body. It has on its driver a simplified firmware for the Narsil UI. One common problem with the light is that while holding it in your pocket, it can be triggered accidentally. This is because of the switch of the electronic side. You should always lock out to cut electrical contact by twisting the tailcap.
It is the #2 brightest single-cell flashlight currently available.